While I don’t do buttered, smothered, twice baked or fried; now and then I surprise him with a baked dish that blows him away.
While perusing Pinterest, I came across a recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta that looked delicious but I knew would be too bland for my Southern Man. I mean, people down here suck crawfish heads with all those spicy juices and call it delicious.
Anyways, back to the pasta. I am grateful for the inspiration because it got my creative juices flowing and the pot of pasta water boil’n.
It’s immensely gratifying to pull out a 9″ x 13″ pan of baked goodness and know that your man will love it.
Doesn’t it look delicious? I swear it’s amazing. We’ve eaten huge bowls two nights in a row it’s that good.
The best part is that this is one of those busy mom’s 30 minute meals that are staples in my household. What’s the “zesty” you say? My go-to Zatarain’s Big and Zesty Original Creole Seasoning. I use that seasoning on everything! Burgers, dips, salad dressings, fish and now baked pasta.
Of course you want to know what’s in it, right?
- 2 Cups MOMables Alfredo Sauce
- ¼ Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ Cup Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
- 12 oz bag penne pasta, cooked
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced (I used 1 cup leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 1 Cup cooked ham, diced (ask for approx ½lb at the deli counter sliced thick or 8oz)
- 6 Bacon strips, cooked crispy and crumbled or
- ¼ cup bacon crumbles
- 1 Tablespoon Zatarain's Big & Zesty Original Creole Seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside. Meantime,
- Prepare the Alfredo sauce: http://www.momables.com/alfredo-sauce/ in a 5 quart pot. Reduce heat to low.
- Once Alfredo sauce is made, add cooked pasta, chicken, ham, crumbled bacon and Zatarain's seasoning. Stir to combine everything making sure all ingredients are thoroughly warmed.
- Pour pasta in a 9"x13" baking dish. Top with Parmesan cheese and Monterrey Jack.
- Set your oven to broil. Place the baking dish on the oven’s middle rack. Broil for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese bubbles and turns light brown.