A couple of weeks ago, I was asked to write up a post about Oscar fashion on VoxxiNews. I honestly didn’t know how I was going to write about it since I was far from achieving the “Oscar look” myself.
It turns out, that it wasn’t that difficult to write. My eyes were glued to the tv and I stared with envy at the glamorous women. The Ladies in White dominated the evening with their flawless looks and glorious splendor. However, I couldn’t help but wonder… how did these women look so flawless in a white dress? The last time I looked stunning in white was nearly a decade ago at my own wedding.
So I thought: what if I were to attend the Oscars
a girl can dream, right!? could I pull a look like that?
Enter my new friends at COVERGIRL. They were certain I could pull the Oscar look so they sent me the same make up that Paula Patton and Sofia Vergara used. I loved Paula’s look and decided I would give hers a try. With the help of my makeup artist friend Christine Lombardo, she guided me (and touched up) to get the look.
Here is what I used:
- COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in Sandstone. It’s lightweight and silky texture was easy to apply with a Beauty Blender to give me a polished finish. Side note: I could use this foundation every day it’s so light!
- COVERGIRL+ Olay Simply Ageless Concealer in light. This creamy formula concealed my 7 weeks of sleep deprivation. I’m hoping that if I use it more often the Olay Regenerist Serum that it’s made with will give me firmer looking skin.
- COVERGIRL + Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Lush Berry. I have to say that this blush gave me incredibly sculpted cheekbones and glowing skin (I tend to be very pale in the winter). This is one of my favorites. It was super easy to apply with a fiber brush (although you can you use the sponge included or your finger).
- COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder in Translucent Tawny. I used this to bring warmth to my skin tone, almost as a bronzer. I went from pale to glowing by applying it around the contour of my face.
- COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 3-kit Shadows in Golden Sunset. Browns are my favorite shades to play with. I must have over a dozen in my make up bag but I liked that this kit contained 3 that I could use.
- COVERGIRL Lineblast 24 hour Eyeliner in Enduring Black. I’ll be honest. I was skeptical of liquid liners and anything that claims to last 24hours. I found that it was really easy to apply and it didn’t give me a “cat woman” eye look at all. It did last flawlessly 14 hours; that is because I washed my make up off before bed.
- COVERGIRL LashBlast 24 hour Mascara in Very Black. Again, I doubted the 24hour thing but alas, I was beautiful in the morning too! Side note: you’ll need a make up remover to fully remove product; face wash alone might not do the trick… but on the plus side.. you’ll look beautiful in the morning. I am a mascara lover and this one I will use many times. You can’t beat the price and the brush is huge! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
- COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lipliner in Beloved. Again, I was shocked what a difference lip liner made! I always skimp on my lips and rarely use a liner. Now i have a shade I really like and will use. This also left my lips moisturized unlike other dry pencils I’ve tried.
- COVERGIRL Queen Collection Lip Color in Penelope Pink. This color provided the moisturizing I’m addicted to from my chap stick and the shine from my gloss I love. The color stayed on for hours and I did feel glamorous.
- You want to match your foundation color on your jawline where it meets your neck and make sure it blends. The Beauty Blender tool can be used to achieve a very airbrushed appearance; ie flawless skin.
- To make foundation last, apply a light dusting of translucent/light powder.
- Apply bronzing powder at least two shades darker than your natural skin tone right under your cheek bones (in the hollow of the cheek); then, follow up with a medium pink blush to the apples of your cheeks. This will create a defined look to your face with a rosy glow.
- After applying an eye primer to your lid (for long lasting, crease-less shadow) apply a thick line of pencil liner right along the lash line (and smudged with your finger to begin smoky look) that will serve as a base for the perfect smoky eye.
- Sweep the bronzy shade of eyeshadow over the lid and blend into the crease. For a thick false eyelash appearance, start with a thin line of black liquid eyeliner along the base of the lash line. Follow this with 2-3 coats of mascara.
What I enjoyed most about creating my “glam” look with COVERGIRL products is that the look was versatile enough to take from day-time to night time. The Oscar look was not difficult to recreate and I did, in fact, feel glamorous for a day.
From time to time, I am sent sample products to try and provide feedback with my opinion. However, I only select to write about those that I truly find beneficial and that fit my lifestyle. While I did receive complimentary makeup products from COVERGIRL, I was not compensated for writing this post and all opinions are my own.